Steve Morgan on 18 Feb 2009 10:56:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

Having our own device at the gateway gives us more control and freedom
to configure our network the way we want to.  I work for a Managed
Security Service Provider and besides wanting the best security for my
own home, I am curious about getting to know the different firewall
vendors' products better.  I will likely end up using a Checkpoint
Firewall as my gateway device.  Overkill?  Very likely.  But I learn
invaluable lessons in the process and as long as I implement it
properly, I won't have to worry about my network's security.  I could
set up bridging, but why add an extra device in the middle when I
don't have to?  It was well worth the three calls and time spent to
get my setup switched from MOCA to Ethernet.

Regards,

Steve Morgan