Michael Leone on 18 Feb 2009 10:31:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Eric Hidle <eric.hidle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yay, there is a workaround. Apparently it is possible to turn the Actiontec
> router they give you into a bridge, and I found some very detailed
> step-by-step instructions on how to do it at broadbandreports.com

I'm curious, because I haven't been following too closely. Why is
using their supplied router a problem, either for you or in general?
What is doing that limiting me from?

I get the impression that you want Cat-5 UTP run from their fiber
connection point (that's the ONT that's been mentioned?), as well as
running coax. This means that only TV signals come in over coax, and
all your Ethernet traffic comes and goes via an Ethernet point?

If so, what does that gain you?