Eric Hidle on 18 Feb 2009 08:58:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

The installer is here now and he is telling me I cannot get direct Ethernet access. I must use their router, which does the first level of NAT for me. He says I cannot get Internet over the Ethernet port.

Why all the conflicting stories? Who do I have to call to get this to work the way I want it to?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Bill East <wm.east@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Joe Terranova <joeterranova@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I would hope that others on this list could speak up about port
>> blocking as I am quite curious myself but have yet to perform any real
>> testing.
>
> Port 80 is definitely blocked. I have not tried 25.

25 out is blocked, you have to route through Verizon's server using
587 and TLS. I have not had issues with this.

 by vms044.mailsrvcs.net (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-6.01 (built Apr
 3 2006)) with ESMTPA id <0JYX00FBD9I32G90@vms044.mailsrvcs.net> for
 xxxx@gmail.com; Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:10:52 -0500 (CDT)