JP Vossen on 1 Mar 2009 13:13:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Wish list for PLUG talks

 > Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:25:11 -0500
 > From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <bhaskar@bhaskars.com>

 > Here are talks that I would love to attend if any brave volunteers
 > care to present:
[...]
 >  - Secure scripting (JP gave a great talk on scripting tricks, but how
 > should I go about writing shell scripts to execute in potentially
 > hostile environments)

I devoted chapter 14 to that in the _bash Cookbook._  I guess I could
turn most of it into a preso.  My knee-jerk guess is that it's not long
enough, but then again this is me we're talking about; getting me to
shut up is what usually becomes the problem... :-)  (And aren't PLUG N
and W getting sick of listening to me? :)

<time passes, while this message sits as a draft>
I've got about half a preso put together, but I'm not sure when I can
finish it or be ready as I'm swamped at work and home right now.  In
particular, I don't know if I'll be ready for the N/W meetings in the
next two weeks.

I hate to leave Lyz & Paul hanging re: presenters, but for now the best
I can say is I can let you know when it's ready.

And see my next message re: bash 4.

Later,
JP