Gordon Dexter on 12 Mar 2009 07:37:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to make full use of a 1680x1050 monitor in debian

George Langford wrote:
> Now to the point of this posting: How to I open two documents at once,
> side by side,
> so I can compare, edit, etc. between the two ?  I know I can do it by
> resizing the open
> windows manually, but is there a more elegant way, analogous to using
> twin monitors ?

I've been looking for something like that for a while.  I think it's
window-manager based.  I use KDE with dual screens and it does exactly
that automatically, without me having to configure it.  I bet it guesses
based on the resolution of the desktop.

That, incidentally, is what I hate about widescreens.  They're wide, but
no more useful than a single screen, and having a single wider screen is
only good for video games and movies, neither of which I do much of on
my PC.  Wide screens make reading websites and documents more annoying,
and that's 90% of what I use my computer for.

--Gordon