Claude M. Schrader on 12 Mar 2009 13:23:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] tsclient

On 18:24 Wed 11 Mar     , jeff wrote:
> What is it with the RDP protocol that sometimes causes the entire
> machine to freeze or the individual desktop to become stuck?  It tends
> to happen mostly when there's a lot of traffic on the LAN.  The mouse or
> kbd might stop responding and if I can make it to a different desktop,
> functionality returns?
>
> This is across machines.  I can understand if the app would go wonky but
> the entire desktop?

I have the same problem - I end up doing a ctrl-alt-F1 to kill
tsclient at the command line. It does not seem to be consistently
reproducible. When this happens the remote machine is still responding
fine, but I can not focus on any window except tsclient. I just gave up on
tsclient, and call rdesktop directly.

Jeff, I am using XFCE - which desktop environment are you using?

--
Claude M. Schrader, CCNA
http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudeschrader