Lee Marzke on 22 Mar 2009 09:35:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT:Linux-compatible personal audio players?

I have been happy with the Cowon iAudio7, is is just a USB device to Linux.
This was reviewed in Linux Magazine a while back.

The 4G unit is about $80.

The battery lasts forever, at least a week of playing songs, spec claims 60 hours.

The user interface is fine for finding songs, but you need two hands and need to look
at the unit to navigate.  Touch controls are extremely sensitive...

Stock earphones are worthless, I replaced with Skullcandy INKD ($20) which are fantastic.

Lee

Floyd Johnson wrote:
Dear PLUGgers,

Can you recommend a small audio unit, with song display, that doesn't freak out when repeatedly written to from the USB port of a machine running Intrepid Ibex, costs less than $80, and has a mean time between failures greater than four months?

Lee Marzke,  lee@marzke.net   http://marzke.net/lee/
IT Consultant, VMware, VCenter, SAN storage, infrastructure, SW CM
+1 800-393-5217  office         +1 484-348-2230               fax
+1 610-564-4932  cell           sip://8003935217@4aero.com    VOIP

begin:vcard
fn:Lee Marzke
n:Marzke;Lee