Edmond Rodriguez on 27 Mar 2009 15:01:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Mac Mini/BSD question

This looks similar to what I was doing (Just these lines, not the rest of the web page).

I did not pay much attention to you showing the contents of the partition, which seems to have a file structure on it.  So it does not seem to be what I was talking about.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t29316.html

2) If you are installing OSX by itself onto a hard drive, first format
the entire hard drive as FAT32 to create the needed MBR partition
scheme. The boot data goes into a tiny partition at the beginning of
the drive, leaving a large partition for OSX. When you install OSX, the
first step is to go to Disk Utility in the Utilities menu and format
(erase) the hard drive. Be sure to select the large partition to
format, not the whole hard drive or you will mess up the MBR
partitioning scheme. In Disk Utility, the partition is shown below the
hard drive.