jeff on 1 Apr 2009 19:48:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mythbuntu Audio Troubleshooting

it has always just worked for me too, hence my extreme confusion when I
replaced a motherboard and no sound. (Xubuntu 8.04 forward)

I found all sorts of suggestions to check for sound modules after
figuring out which hardware/soundcard I was using.  Everything indicated
that it `should' work.

It continued to not work on purpose.  One night I got determined, did
some research, found absolutely nothing conclusive, then told VLC to use
OSS instead of ALSA.  I'm pretty sure I found a volume control or unmute
and VOILA - sound.

Not familiar with Myth audio.

Good luck.