Tim Allen on 7 Apr 2009 14:05:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] most common web dev technology in the Philly region?

If you me "Out There" as in personal projects, yeah, a lot of people are playing with Ruby. It is nice. Don't be shy of C# / .NET just because it is MS either, it is a pleasure to work with... and mono runs it quite well.

In the work place, I think PHP is clearly ahead in the area, with Java and .NET not too far behind. Anything else in corporate would be a distant fourth. The Tiobe index tends to be a fairly accurate gauge of programming language popularity, world wide, and not just web dev languages:

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Regards,

-Tim

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Amaury Rodriguez <amaury.rodriguez@gmail.com> wrote:
If you like OOP, you'll have a lot of fun with Ruby.

~
Amaury