JP Vossen on 10 Apr 2009 13:03:32 -0700

[PLUG] Embarq DSL/VoIP/TV in NJ?

Anyone use or know anyone using Embarq over in NJ, for TV, Internet and
VoIP bundle?  My Mom keeps getting offers to switch from Comcast (was
some crappy local place Comcast bought).  She lives in the boonies (near
78/31 intersection), so these services have always been some half-assed
no-name company that mostly sucked.  As far as I can tell, Embarq is now
the phone ILEC...

Thus far Comcast has been more-or-less working, and I'm not sure I want
to mess with it, or switch her to DSL.  It *may* be a cost savings, I
don't have the numbers yet.

For a (really lame) attempt on on-topic-ness, do they work with Linux
and your own firewall, as opposed to some of the older really annoying
PPPoE stuff?

Thanks,
JP