Toby DiPasquale on 30 Apr 2009 07:33:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] 9.04 64bit

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:16 AM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> The 64bit OS is *fast*.  Or at least the box runs it quickly.
> I am told there are a few things that don't like to run, such as certain
> multimedia apps, but that's not a concern.  I heard Flash is a problem
> but if I can't run Flash then it's a PERFECT OS :)  Everybody should use it.

Actually, I recently upgraded to 9.04 on my amd64 box (Dell Latitude
D630), as well, and Flash works perfectly. Previously, in 8.04, if I
had an MP3 player open, Flash couldn't output sound but that's been
fixed in 9.04. I also agree about the snappiness; it feels much more
responsive than 8.04 did.

I will say that the upgrade forces you to 8.10 before you can go to
9.04, which screwed up my NVIDIA drivers for a time. However, this was
the only snag in my upgrade.

--
Toby DiPasquale