Chaz Meyers on 3 Jun 2009 20:07:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT:Recovery of firefox bookmarks from places.sqlite

Judging by the schema here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/0/08/Places.sqlite.schema.pdf

You should be able to run sqlite3 on the file and convert it into any
sort of format you would like. A query such as this should get most of
the information you'd be interested in:

sqlite> select * from moz_bookmarks, moz_places WHERE moz_places.id =
moz_bookmarks.id;

If you're just moving it to a new Firefox installation, you might even
be able to drop the database in his profile directory when Firefox
isn't running. Haven't tried that, so I can't say for sure.

- Chaz Meyers