David A. Harding on 21 Jun 2009 14:04:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Unwanted laptop suspend

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 03:19:00PM -0400, JP Vossen wrote:
> I've restarted acpi, acpi-support, and hal, which did not help.

acpid is an event-based daemon, not a time-based daemon, so I highly
doubt it's the culprit. As I understand it, HAL is just a way for
programs to talk to the hardware without root access, so it would need
another program to actually issue the suspend command.

I bet it's your screensaver daemon, but if not, I suggest you see if
there's anything in your logs that identifies the suspending process.

-Dave
--
David A. Harding	    Website:  http://dtrt.org/
1 (609) 997-0765	      Email:  dave@dtrt.org