Chad V on 9 Jul 2009 06:29:44 -0700

[PLUG] auto mail sender

PLUG,

I've been searching for a particular application with not so much
luck.  I'm hoping somebody on this list will know of a possible
resource.

I'm looking for software that is similar in function to Auto Mail
Sender by TriSun Software.  http://auto-mail-sender.trisunsoft.com
The software can be Linux thick client or (even better) web based.

Functions
1. Send e-mail automatically at any time and frequency.
2. Be able to attach files to the e-mails (PDF, DOC, etc)
3. Configure a SMTP server to send the mail through (with authentication).

My client uses Auto Mail Sender now to send either a repeating
personalized e-mail to a customer or send a Word Doc or PDF containing
a fax cover letter and 1 fax page through a e-mail to fax service
(repeated on a weekly basis).  They are not concerned with mail
merging and don't mind copy/pasting the e-mail text from AMS to
something else.  They want to move away from it because sometimes it
screws up and combines e-mails that are for different recipients into
1 big 20-30 page e-mail or fax to one recipient.

I'm not looking for a "bulk" e-mail sender to broadcast 1 e-mail to
many people.  It will be used to write one e-mail or attach 1 file,
address it to one person and schedule it to repeat.  Then repeat this
process 500-1000 times.

I know I could write up something that works for on the command line,
but these are non-technical people and need some kind of GUI.

Any ideas?  I'm slowing looking through projects on sourceforge, but
no luck so far.

Thanks,
Chad