jeff on 9 Jul 2009 20:30:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Gnome/KDE recommendations for wireless kbd/mouse

Casey Bralla wrote:
> I've got an aging Logitech wireless mouse.  As far as I know, a wireless
> mouse/keyboard should look identical to any other keyboard/mouse, so the
> notion of "Linux compatible" should be a non-sequitor

My thought also.

I hooked a generic cheapie MS wireless mouse to an Xubuntu box and it
worked without even asking a question.  It replaced the wired one.  This
would be the IR variety, although Bluetooth seems to play nicely too, in
my limited experience.

And let's face it: who among us hasn't thought about calling MS and
asking for a linux driver for their mouse....

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat