Michael Leone on 29 Jul 2009 05:47:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Upcoming PLUG North Virtualization Roundtable - KVM and Virtualbox experts wanted!

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:17 PM, jeff<jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> Michael Leone wrote:
>> I just finished implementing a ESX cluster with HA & DRS, with 10
>> hosts and (currently) 55 VMs. With 2 P2V exceptions, it went as
>> expected, and we even finished ahead of schedule. I can come and help
>> you huzzah, if you want. :-)
>
> The few, the proud, the brain-damaged, and the scarred :)
> We are the VMware Survivors.

Oh, I'm scarred, all right, but not by VMware. That was one of the
easiest projects (once we had all the planning meetings) I've done.
Quite honestly, it was all pretty much transparent to the users
(outside of the downtime while we converted from physical to virtual).
For getting rid of half our hardware, it went extremely smoothly.

Next I'm going to create a completely self-contained network, and
practice upgrading our MS domain, since I also now have virtualized
domain controllers. Great fun! :-)

> Hey - your implementation is bigger than mine!

Oh, the things I could say. :-)