Art Alexion on 8 Aug 2009 19:03:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Is the Atom an x86?

On Saturday 08 August 2009 21:31:34 brent timothy saner wrote:
> the earlier eee's used celery processors. trust me, i know- i was
> stuck with one.

I just bought a new (as in still sealed in the box) 1000.  This one has the
Atom, a fast 8 GB SSD, and a slower 32 GB SSD.  Xandros.

I tried ordering 3 at work from our usual vendor, and was told that they are
no longer offering SSDs nor pre-installed Linux.  Took a gamble on the 1000HA
and Ubuntu netbook remix and the kernel from array.org ran all of the
hardware.

Anyway, htop reports the atom as dual core and actually shows different
processor use for each of the cores.  I don't think that is accurate.