Malcolm on 19 Aug 2009 11:05:40 -0700

[PLUG] [JOB] 2 x C++/linux developers

I have two openings for developers, technically one junior and one senior
position but we're open to two seniors with the right candidates.

The positions are jack-of-all-trades - my team handles everything from build
process, hardware drivers, embedded databases, networking, in-field
unattended upgrades, money management, UI work, client-server communications,
remote configuration, automated testing, jukebox controls, credit card
support, etc.

The office is in Bristol (easily accessible from I-95, the R7 SEPTA line and
on the Neshaminy/Oxford Valley bus route). We already have a couple of people
in the company who commute from the city center so that's quite feasible.

Below is the official blurb. If you are interested, or have any questions,
reply off-list.

Thanks.

Malcolm.

Key contributor on a team responsible for development, integration, delivery
and support of its core product line. Reporting to the Team Lead of
Systems Development, this individual must be highly motivated and
possess an excellent work ethic.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation,
and development of components within a Linux environment.

Required:
* Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with C/C++
* Experience with GNU development tools
* Experience using version control systems

Any of the following are helpful but not required:
* POSIX APIs (multithreading, sockets)
* Experience developing embedded linux products
* Knowledge of Linux kernel with ability to customize and rebuild kernel.
* Database experience (e.g. sqlite, MySQL)
* Shell scripting (shell, perl)
* Webserver development utilizing apache/mod_perl
* Automated unit-testing techniques and procedures
* Agile software development methodologies
* Experience in software design and technical documentation (e.g. UML)
* Experience with OpenGL
* Experience maintaining automated build environments
* Experience with SDL
* Experience developing cross platform applications