Michael Bevilacqua on 21 Aug 2009 16:25:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Slow POP3/SSL downloading from Google Mail via Fetchmail

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Michael Bevilacqua <michael@bevilacqua.us> wrote:

And yes, retchmail more than solved my speed issues. The program is unbelievably fast and simple to configure. Perfect for backing up Google Mail via POP3/SSL.

And I've since found some issues with retchmail. It does not play nicely with procmail, which means you'll have to send the email through the local MTA (if you have one), which performs header rewriting which is unacceptable for archiving.

getmail is so far, much better. Faster than fetchmail, very configurable with a friendly configuration syntax and plays nicely with procmail. Oh, and there is documentation which is a plus :)

Thanks.

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua
michael@bevilacqua.us