Lee Marzke on 9 Sep 2009 09:45:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How can I make my wifi manager just remember passwords without a kwallet or keyring?

sean finney wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 07:23:03PM -0400, John Karr wrote:
>
>> Neither solution is acceptable. So how does one get wifi manager to remember
>> passwords without Kwallet running? Swiching to gnome's wifi manager just
>> trades kwallet for gnome keyring. When I set up a wifi connection I want my
>> wifi manager to just remember the key next time I want to connect, period.
>>

> in gnome, you can set the keyring to the same password as your login
> password, which makes it automatically opened when you login (i forget
> if there's more to it than that, it was a long time ago i got around
> to doing this).  then you don't need to enter a password to connect to
> known wireless networks.

I believe that all the recent installs of  UBuntu, KBuntu, Xubuntu  work
this way,  I
don't remember any password required by network Manager,    but the WiFi
authentication was
stored per user - so other users had to re-authenticate.

Lee