sean finney on 8 Sep 2009 23:00:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How can I make my wifi manager just remember passwords without a kwallet or keyring?

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 07:23:03PM -0400, John Karr wrote:
> Neither solution is acceptable. So how does one get wifi manager to remember
> passwords without Kwallet running? Swiching to gnome's wifi manager just
> trades kwallet for gnome keyring. When I set up a wifi connection I want my
> wifi manager to just remember the key next time I want to connect, period.

in gnome, you can set the keyring to the same password as your login
password, which makes it automatically opened when you login (i forget
if there's more to it than that, it was a long time ago i got around
to doing this).  then you don't need to enter a password to connect to
known wireless networks.

	sean