Michael Leone on 11 Sep 2009 11:33:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Quicken alternative?

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM, John Karr <brainbuz@brainbuz.org> wrote:
> I tried to use the GnuCash program and found:

> Data from downloads had to be manually edited to make sense (the payee line
> as imported was useless).

>From the GnuCash mailing list (you're not the only one who feels that way):

So, to summarize the Quickfill status, one can:

1) Accept incoming transactions as is, WITH ALL CAPS AND (1987649124)
TRANSACTION CODES,

2) Import them and then retype them again in a format you can read,
knowing that the next time you import will be exactly the same, or

3) Download the transactions and edit the raw data before importing
into Gnucash.