Lincoln Fessenden on 17 Sep 2009 14:27:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hitting the Netbooks

Floyd Johnson wrote:
> Dear PLUGgers,
>
> I'm considering getting a netbook in the next four months, and plan to
> shell out no more than $350 for such a thing.
>
> Which netbooks have given you all the greatest Linux success, and which
> were more turkey than penguin?

I have the Acer Aspire One with the 8gb flash drive.  I immediately
upgraded it to 1.5gb ram.  I also changed the Linux install from Linpus
to Linux Mint 7.  The thing runs like a top and does everything I need
it to and more.  My only suggestion other than the ram and OS is to buy
the one with the 6 cell battery.  Mine came with 3 which is just not
enough.  I just ordered a 9 cell replacement a few days ago.  That ought
  to take care of that problem :-)

--
-Linc Fessenden