sean finney on 18 Sep 2009 00:44:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] centos mysql problem (fwd)

ah,

someone broke the thread so i didn't see the follow up.  nice to know
that somewhere in my proposed noise was something not too far from
the problem

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:12:46PM -0400, Sean C. Sheridan wrote:
> setenforce 0
>
> allows the service to start as expected.

i've found that sometimes during redhat-based updates that the selinux
labels/contexts for files aren't preserved (i had syslog break on one machine
for a few months before i figured out it was selinux related).  usually it's
something in a postinstall script for an rpm that creates a temporary file
and then copies it over a pre-existing file but without preserving the
label/context.

i think you can fix this with the restorecon program.  something like
"restorecon -Rnv" should show if there's anything that ought to be changed
and remove the -n to get it to actually do the changes--but for something
like this please don't take my faulty memory and RTFM to make sure :)

	sean