Elizabeth Krumbach on 24 Sep 2009 10:05:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mentoring in Open Source Communities: What Works? What Doesn't?...

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Fred Stluka <fred@bristle.com> wrote:
>> Mentoring in Open Source Communities: What Works? What Doesn't?
>>
>> http://www.itworld.com/open-source/78271/mentoring-open-source-communities-what-works-what-doesnt
>>
> Here's a followup to that article:
>

> http://www.itworld.com/open-source/78643/how-attract-more-people-your-open-source-project?
>
> Its title is almost identical to the title of Lyz's talk.  Was
> Esther Schindler at the meeting?  It even cites Ubuntu as a good
> example of a friendly community.  Also makes a few more good
> points beyond the first article.

Wow, awesome! Thanks for posting these. I ended up adding the first
link to a blog post I finally had the presence of mind to complete
today during lunch (I've been writing it all week):

"F/OSS Marketing: Attracting Users AND Contributors"
http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=2049

...and now just added a link to the second article too.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com