Bill East on 26 Sep 2009 05:32:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] WiMax Questions Answered

2009/9/21 JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org>
> Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:38:42 -0400
> From: "Drew Lehman" <dlehman@digitatech.com>
> Subject: [PLUG] WiMax Questions Answered

Related (I haven't had time to read any of the articles yet):

http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/09/09/19/0023216/WiMax-In-2010-mdash-Too-Little-Too-Late
MobileWiMax In 2010 — Too Little, Too Late?
Posted by Soulskill on Saturday September 19, @05:09AM
from the that-only-gives-it-two-years dept.

CWmike writes "By the end of 2010, users in more than 80 US cities may
be able to ditch their cable modems, T1 setups and DSL lines — and the
Wi-Fi routers that go with them — in favor of WiMax wireless technology.

Of course, utilization of the technology will require some minor changes in home network configuration, mainly a way to make sure the WiMax signal can be received in areas with marginal coverage. For those of us who lived pre-cable, we may once again see a familiar sight:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eW8U4L0niRE/SPEmnsrrPSI/AAAAAAAACVc/qXqd1lzC7Cg/s320/antenna.jpg