Aaron Mulder on 16 Oct 2009 14:07:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Solid State Drives

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> I have an 16G SSD on my Mini9 with encrypted LVM and relatime and it
> works great.  I love the no-internal-moving-parts thing.

Does using a software-encrypted disk also cause extra-write issues
that might bother a SSD?  I would expect that it would typically
encrypt and write more bits than were actually changed (so for
instance, you couldn't analyze differences caused by trivial or known
writes to attack the crypto).

Thanks,
      Aaron