JP Vossen on 22 Oct 2009 14:28:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Inspiron 8600 and true mobile 1400

 > Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:29:15 -0700
 > From: Carl Johnson <cjohnson19791979@gmail.com>
 >
 > Thanks for the replies so far. I was afraid I might have to go the
 > ndiswrappr route. As far as dell community... I didn't know there was
 > one. Got link?

I've found that the folks on the list are or try to be helpful,
especially the Dell folks.  But Dell itself can't seem to figure out if
it's coming or going with regard to Linux (except on servers), and that
causes a lot of problems with the hardware, the community, and getting
useful answers.  Also, the IT for the Linux side is really FUBAR, to the
point that parts of one wiki are old, and wrong, but no one can seem to
get it fixed or provide write access to anything (so why have a *wiki*).
  The list itself is also screwy; it decided moths ago that I couldn't
post to it, ad no one can get that fixed or even find out why.  Sigh.

My $0.02,
JP