Douglas Muth on 28 Oct 2009 08:20:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] CyberPower UPS-- "powerpanel" monitoring software segfaults

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Sure enough, they offer .deb, .rpm and tarball of their software for
> 32-bit linux.  I am running 32-bit lenny.
> http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/support/product-support.html
> I downloaded and installed the .deb
> When I issued the command to start the daemon, the response was
> "Segmentation fault".

Suggestion: have you tried running the daemon under strace?

For all we know, the problem might be as simple as a configuration
file not being found at the expected location or a command line
argument not being specified.  strace could help shed some light on
things like this.

-- Doug