JP Vossen on 31 Oct 2009 12:57:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] aptitude/apt-get DB issue (fixed, fyi)

> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:11:43 -0400
> From: Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] aptitude/apt-get DB issue (fixed, fyi)
>
> On Oct 25, 2009, at 4:28 PM, JP Vossen wrote:
>> # aptitude full-upgrade
>
> Just curious, why didn't you use the recommended
> # do-release-upgrade

I did do that when I was doing the update from Jaunty to Karmic.  Well,
technically, at the time, I did 'sudo do-release-upgrade -d' per
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/beta.

This was days later, just doing a regular old
keep-the-machine-up-to-date.  Nothing to do with the upgrade, except
that I'd never had these bazaar problems *before* the upgrade, and I
still suspect an ugly ext4 driver/aptitude/dpkg interaction.

Later,
JP