Mark Heiges on 26 Oct 2009 09:20:32 -0700

[PLUG] [Job] junior/entry-level Oracle database administrator at UPenn

Hi,

We have a junior/entry-level position open for an Oracle DBA (Linux
platform) at the University of Pennsylvania . We're looking for
someone with basic relational database management experience,
preferably with Oracle, of course, but Postgres or MySQL experience
will be considered. More importantly, we need someone with the
aptitude and interest to learn the necessary skills. This position
supports a team developing in Linux, Java, Perl, Apache webserver,
Tomcat. Close interaction and coordination with others on the
development team will be a routine part of the job.

Quoting the official UPenn job posting,
"Duties: Looking for a database administrator with relational database
experience to join a large team working on highly visible web
resources for malaria and related diseases (www.EuPathDB.org). Join a
DBA/sysadmin team supporting approximately 20 biologists and software
developers integrating functional genomics data to create, maintain,
tune and back-up Oracle database instances in a timely and effective
manner. DBA tasks span multiple Oracle servers and many database
instances. Opportunity to learn from a Senior Oracle DBA with more
than 20 years experience. "

For full details and to apply, search reference# 090927428  at http://www.hr.upenn.edu/jobs/

I'll be happy to answer questions off-list about the job duties but
I'm not in authority to discuss salary or other benefits beyond what's
posted on Penn's job board.

Thank you,
Mark

--