david manning on 14 Nov 2009 08:18:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Hardware for Wireless Bridge

I have done this before using two Linksys WRT54GLs (1) flashed with
OpenWRT (2) and Tomato (3).  The router running Tomato functioned as
the main AP and the OpenWRT AP functioned as the remote wireless
client that bridged the two wired networks together.  I am sure I
could have used OpenWRT for both but I thought the GUI of Tomato was a
little bit nicer with the bandwidth graphs (4) and AJAXy interface.

Also, it was definitely WPA, and maybe WPA2, that I got working
between the two.

1. http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Cisco-WRT54GL-Wireless-G-Broadband-Compatible/dp/B000BTL0OA/
2. http://openwrt.org/
3. http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato