Fred Stluka on 19 Nov 2009 14:56:03 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Fred Stluka's giving a talk on Cloud Computing Mon 11/16 7-9pm...

Lee,

Thanks!  I may take a look.  I didn't go looking for such a package
because I knew I could do a good job of it over the course of a
single weekend.  I tend to do things myself, without looking for
pre-existing solutions, if they are easy and obvious.  In this case,
I spent much more time writing the content of the talk than I did
writing the software.  Amazing how easy it is to surpass decades
of Microsoft development, when you have free and open source tools
and open standards to work with, eh?  In this case I just built on
the open DHTML, CSS, and _javascript_ standards, and didn't even have
to re-use any code except my own pre-existing open source _javascript_
and Ajax libraries.

Before I bother going to check, is there anything you know of that
these packages do that mine doesn't?  Thanks!

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!

Lee Marzke wrote:
fred@bristle.com wrote:

PLUG members, Cloud Computing fans, and Local Friends of Fred,

Havong trouble getting to the next slide in my slideshow?

Fred,  there are something like 40+ slide show systems published, so I'm
trying to understand
what your new HTML slide system has over the others:

List of slide show systems:   http://www.miwie.org/presentations/html/

S5 seems popular, and it also includes  incremental bullet points:

S5:                  http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/
S5 examples:  http://4aero.com/static/talks/PLUG_bacula/

There is also an updated version called S5 Reloaded:

S5 Reload:        http://www.netzgesta.de/S5/
Samples:           http://4aero.com/static/talks/PLUG_perforce/

There is a new version now called S9 for Ruby fans that uses Wiki markup.

http://slideshow.rubyforge.org/

Lee