zuzu on 23 Nov 2009 11:11:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Fios users.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM, cjohnson19791979@gmail.com
<cjohnson19791979@gmail.com> wrote:
> Grrrr seems like everyone I talk to about this has the same setup.
> Am I the only geek in philly with MoCA?

I've also never used MoCA.  I used DD-WRT on a Linksys WRT54GL for
awhile but had to get a more powerful (hardware) router (Netgear
FVS336G) when I upgraded to 15/15/ (then 20/20, now 25/25).

I only get unencrypted / non-DRM television from Verizon (OTA channels
plus a bunch more, e.g. WGN, ION, MTV-U, etc.) for $12/mo, so I can
use any Clear QAM tuner (e.g. SiliconDust HD HomeRun) and TitanTV as
an EPG.

if you want cable television... well, what do you think 25Mbps of
symmetric bandwidth is for? ;)
(or Verizon can give up on using DRM to coerce customers into renting
their proprietary set-top box hardware; their choice.)