Doug Stewart on 25 Nov 2009 13:05:20 -0800

[PLUG] Slightly O/T: Clear USB modem + Snow Leopard == No Joy In Mudville

Howdy all,
In the wake of the PLUG discussions on Clear's debut in Philly, I
scampered out and grabbed a home base station and mobile card with
hopes of having access at home and on the road.  The home setup worked
after a bit of configuration with my Linksys WRT54G.  However, I have
been unable to get the drivers for the mobile card (Motorola USB
w25100) to even install on my MacBook running Snow Leopard (10.6.2).
The installer basically craps out and refuses to finalize install on
the last step with an overly-generic error.

I know it's not Linux, but OS X is BSD-based, after all, and I was
just wondering if anyone else has run into similar issues in trying to
get Clear to work.  Tech support has been... *ahem* less than helpful,
as the driver download package clearly states that it supports 10.5
and 10.6.

Failing OS X support, has anyone had any luck getting the cards to
work under a flavor of Linux?  Any tips, tricks or pointers?  I ain't
too proud to Boot Camp and I've got ISOs for Karmic and Fedora 12 just
itching to get installed.

--
-Doug
@zamoose