Art Alexion on 27 Nov 2009 07:07:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Netbooks for High school

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 08:18:13 LeRoy wrote:
> >> OOo will not be compatible with Access, but that shouldn't be a
> >> problem.
>
> Isn't Access a  light weight SQL based data base?  Shouldn't you be able
> to use ODBC to setup a connection?  I have never done it with Access but
> it works with PostgreSQL and other SQL data bases.

Access can connect to SQL, but the issue is the data application interface.
Data imports or direct manipulation is not the problem, it is the forms and
reports that are part of an Access application that aren't portable.

--
Art Alexion