Matt Mossholder on 2 Dec 2009 05:18:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Self-hosted online backups?

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Sean Collins <sean@seanmcollins.com> wrote:
Option #2 is use Amazon S3 or Tarsnap (I'd do tarsnap since Tarsnap
uses S3, and you won't need to write any more scripts to do the
backup, dedup, upload, versioning, etc.) and let Amazon worry about
maintaining the infrastructure.

     Another option in the same vein is Jungle Disk, which is owned by RackSpace. Thecan backup to S3 as well, but better yet, the y can backup to RackSpace's cloud. This is great, in my opinion, since the RackSpace cloud doesn't charge for bandwidth, which makes it about half the price of S3.

--
    --Matt