Robert Spangler on 10 Dec 2009 18:39:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Google DNS...?

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 22:13, Brian Vagnoni wrote:

> [...]

What Google is doing is relying on cached information to make it seem that
they are faster.   For popular sites like Google, Youtube, MySpace and so on
it might seem like it is faster but in reality it isn't that much faster.  A
few ms here and few there.  The question is how often you need to lookup
something and that all comes down to the TTL of the record.  This is all
smoke and mirrors and the general public doesn't know any different.  They
put out there a few lookups with faster times and the general public is
hooked.

--

Regards
Robert