Randall A Sindlinger on 18 Dec 2009 10:03:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] converting 32 -> 64 bit

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 08:46:18AM -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
> This is a follow up to my VBox questions.
>
> I am looking for strategy suggestions on converting 32 bit Kubuntu 9.10 to 64
> bit.

Art,

I think my first question is _why_?

Is there a specific 64-bit app you want to run?  Do you need to learn to manage
64-bit OSes?  Do you want access to more memory?  Or did someone just laugh at
you for still running 32-bit?  :-)

Converting to 64-bit for the sake of converting doesn't really make sense to me.
That's kinda why FDR was elected to 4 terms in office during WWII.

Each different need may very likely have a different "best" solution.  (Eg, if
someone laughed at you, I know someone who can make sure they don't laugh again
for a while :-)

-Randall