Art Alexion on 18 Dec 2009 11:37:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] converting 32 -> 64 bit

On Friday 18 December 2009 10:25:49 am Richard Freeman wrote:
> Finally, if you have the space copy your entire existing system (root
> and all) to some directory somewhere so that if you find you need
> something you can get it back.  You can always delete it in a few months
> if you need the space.  Plus, you can always copy it back to your root
> and you're back where you started.  In fact, with LVM if you have the
> space you could just leave the old partition intact and just change the
> mount points around.

Actually, instead of backing up, I was thinking of a fresh install on another
drive and move stuff over over the next couple of months as I realize I need
it.

I think it is just a different way to get the same result.

--
Art Alexion