Art Alexion on 19 Dec 2009 09:43:36 -0800

Re: [PLUG] converting 32 -> 64 bit

On Friday 18 December 2009 21:20:04 Lee Marzke wrote:
> As of Karmic,  there is now a pae enabled desktop kernel.
>
> If your not running any 64 bit apps,
> you could just install the  linux-2.6.31-17-generic-pae  and
> then access all 4G of RAM without reinstalling.

Are these criticisms still applicable to PAE?

http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2008-12/msg00228.html

As I read them, it seems that losing 128 MB to access 800 MB is still a 672 MB
gain.

I do not need to run any 64 bit apps, unless running a 64 bit OS in a VM is
considered a 64 bit "app".

If PAE is good in the balance, it seems a much simpler approach to my problem.

--
Art Alexion