Arthur S. Alexion on 30 Dec 2009 08:03:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VBox USB issue

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 09:52:02 Eric wrote:
>  When I upgraded from the open source to the closed source versions of
>  VirtualBox all of my VMs and configuration worked just fine afterward.
>  I'm running Intrepid.  I believe that I just downloaded the .deb and
>  installed it with dpkg as I have no corresponding entry in
>  /etc/apt/sources.list.  After that, it checks for updates itself when I
>  start it.

Thanks.  Yes the move from OSE to Sun went without any problems.  Everything
that was working seems to still be working, and the USB problems seems fixed.

One minor problem encountered is that the Sun closed version is not an apt
upgrade to the OSE version.  There were conflicts and dpkg refused to install
until I manually removed all of the OSE packages.

Also, the OSE install seems to come in multiple packages.  The Sun install
seems to be a single package.

--
Art Alexion