Art Alexion on 31 Dec 2009 08:22:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Reflogging the dead hard drive horse

On Thursday 31 December 2009 10:49:17 Casey Bralla wrote:
> In all seriousness, this is actually the first time I have ever heard of
> anyone actually using the freezer to recover data, although I'm sure we
>  all  knew that it's theoretically possible,

Worked for me a month or so ago with a new, but shot, 3.5" SATA.  I left it in
the freezer over night.  It stayed cool, even to the touch, for at least 15
minutes, so I got the files off without leaving it in the freezer.

--
Art Alexion