Carl Johnson on 7 Jan 2010 09:38:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Alternative BIOS.

My idea is to hack an old pix-520. I'd like to have it be able to boot
and run without a video card as well as circumvent some other OEM BIOS
limitations. So far I've looked into re-flashing the cisco PCI/ISA
cards to bootstrap it but, this doesn't seem possible. I've also
looked into the pc/weasel but 300 bucks is a bit salty. Seems as
though linuxbios is my only option. I'm not really sure about that
though since it seems to have some limitations (64megs of ram being a
big one). Another issue is that if the re-flash goes wrong the board
is essentially scrap since it has a soldered on bios chip.

Sent from my Treo™ wireless handheld device.