JP Vossen on 20 Jan 2010 12:37:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Gnome and "editable menu shortcut keys"

 > Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:29:00 -0500
 > From: "John Karr" <brainbuz@brainbuz.org>
 >
 > If you can bring yourself to install standard KDE components, Konsole
 > is much better than gnome-terminal, it supports multiple tabs, a
 > hotkey to reset the terminal and clear scrollback (Ctrl-shift-X),
 > profiles, and even has a start a browser in the current working
 > directory (which in the absence of Dolphin and Konquerer brings up
 > Nautilus).

Roxterm does all of that.  I thought gnome-terminal did all of that too,
but I uninstalled it, so I can't check.

As I said elsewhere, KDE is too flashy and actually too configurable for
me (I'd spend all my time tweaking stuff).  Gnome is perhaps bland, but
I like that because it stays out of my way.

 > Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:25:29 -0500
 > From: Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com>
 >
 > Tabs, schmabs.  Real hackers use screen(1).

I love screen, it rules.  But I mostly use it for reconnecting or
sharing terminals, not so much for multiplexing.  <Goes and adds that to
my next "Cool Ubuntu Apps" preso.>

Later,
JP