Richard Freeman on 21 Jan 2010 19:14:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Gnome and "editable menu shortcut keys"

On 01/21/2010 08:13 PM, Eric wrote:
> All this talk of screens in screens or sessions in sessions just makes
> my head hurt thinking about it.
> I have dual 22" monitors and 4 virtual desktops so I just open up as
> many xterms as I need.

To each his own I guess.  I prefer one xterm with screen in it to a
bunch of them.  With a bunch of them I find myself spending too much
time doing window management.  With screen I can just space through them
all quickly, or remember which session is which by number.

Since I run it in an xterm I still get the easy copy/paste/etc (provided
I don't scrollback - that gets dicey with screen in an xterm).  To be
honest, if I REALLY need to copy/paste boatloads of stuff I tend to
redirect it into a file and just open it in a text editor.

Hmm - that sounds like a nifty utility - something that will grab the
current screen's scrollback and dump it into a file or better still
launch an editor of choice containing it (without any need to
mark/copy/paste/etc from screen).

Rich