Lee Marzke on 22 Jan 2010 13:26:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Remotely viewing Windows VNC from Ubuntu

jim fisher wrote:
> or just port forward ssh locally: ssh -L   local
> port:localhost:service port (5900) lee@blah.blah - then connect any
> viewer to localhost:local port

Ok I switched the Windows box from TightVNC server to RealVNC server
and it's broken again.

Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8
No authentication needed
Connection rejected by user

So the problem seems to be RealVNC server on Windows not inter-operating
well with Linux vnc viewers.

Lee