Walt Mankowski on 1 Mar 2010 18:40:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Postfix address re-write rules?

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 03:40:57PM -0500, Claude M. Schrader wrote:
> Possible Solution 2: I'm not sure what MUA your wife uses, but I
> know with mutt you can set up hooks to automatically set the from
> address based some some arbitrary criteria. There may be a thunderbird
> extention to do the same?

As Claude says, this is trivial to set up with mutt's send- and
reply-hooks.  I use send-hooks so that any mail that I send to a
Drexel address gets my Drexel reply address.  I use reply-hooks so
that any mail that was sent *to* my Drexel account gets my Drexel
address when I reply.  All other mail (e.g. to plug) gets my pobox
address.

This isn't perfect -- e.g. some Drexel people use gmail accounts, and
I had to make expections for them.  But by and large it works very
well.

Walt