Isaac Bennetch on 17 Mar 2010 08:20:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Help with NFS Share

Hi,

On 3/17/2010 9:58 AM, Eric H. Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to map the mythtv (mythbuntu) videos etc. folders to a front
> end. In the exports file on the backend I have:
>
> /var/lib/mythtv/videos
> *(rw,async,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

[snip]

> On the client I enter:
>
> sudo mount 10.0.0.7:/videos /var/lib/mythtv/videos

I'm barely literate in NFS, but I think you reversed the server and
client paths. Try:
sudo mount 10.0.0.7:/var/lib/mythtv/videos /videos

With your syntax, you appear to be trying to mount the server's /videos
directory. I'm not sure but presume the client's /videos needs to first
exist as an empty directory as is usually the case when mounting.

> The client side error reported is:
> mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 10.0.0.7:/videos
>
> Syslog on the server gives a related error:
> Mythtv1-backend1 mountd[2751]: refused mount request from 10.0.0.2 for
> /videos (/): not exported

This seems to agree with what I said above; looks like it's denying the
mount attempt for /videos.

~isaac